Unknown tree

Shannon Wheeler swheelerRabbit at Foottnc.ab.ca
Mon Jun 21 17:32:27 EST 1999

First we'd need more information. A picture would be nice but you shouldn't
post pictures to the newsgroup. Put it on an ftp server or a webpage and
tell people where to go to see it.

Are the berries juicy (currant like) or dry (rose-hip like)? Big or small?
Pleasant smell?
What about the flowers? How big? What color? Bunches or individuals? What
shape/arrangement?
What about the leaves? Dark green? Dusty? Round, oval, maple-like?
How big is the tree? Does it seem to be getting bushy or is it growing tall?

I found some very pleasant smelling, juicy, orange berries here (northern
Alberta) one time. The leaves were kind-of dusty colored and I think the
tree was going to get tall. I never did bother to identify them but I know
exactly where the tree is (or was - 5 years ago) and I may go back sometime
(40km or so). I don't think it's native to this area - it was planted
outside of an office building. I've seen other similar berries/trees around
other gardens but they're never orange and don't have the nice smell. If
this sounds like yours and you identify it please let me know.

thanks,
Shannon

Chris F. wrote in message <7klsl4$sjl at tandem.CAM.ORG>...
>My mother has a tree in her front yard which she got from a forested lot.
It