Killing ants without killing the tree ??

Pfeffa pfeffa at rocketmail.com
Wed Jun 16 16:58:44 EST 1999

In my case with the orange trees, the ants actually bring in and then tend
"flocks" of aphids and mealy bugs. Keeping the ants out of the trees does a
surprisingly good job of keeping the aphid and mealy bug populations down
without spraying insecticides. They simply don't multiply and spread as
quickly as when their "shepherds" help them out. Also, I found it rather
annoying to have ants crawling all over me when picking oranges :)

-Debbie