Killing ants without killing the tree ??

Pfeffa pfeffa at rocketmail.com
Tue Jun 15 20:38:25 EST 1999

If the tree has smooth bark, you can smear a thick ring of petroleum
jelly (Vaseline) around the tree about a foot off the ground. The ants
can't walk over it, and it doesn't wash off the tree when it rains. I
have used it on my backyard orange trees. Just make sure that no other
part of the tree touches the ground or other trees, because then the
ants will find an alternate route into the tree you are trying to
protect.

-Debbie