Peace Lily flowers dying

John Fleming flem at cybercomm.net
Mon Jun 14 21:17:21 EST 1999

Hello,

I received a peace lily as a house-warming gift and I've had it for about
1.5 months now.  The plant had two flowers already and two more were coming
in.  About 2 weeks ago, the existent flowers turned brown and died.  The
two new flowers also turned brown and died before they fully came in.  The
leaves of the plant look fine however.  Though I am now noticing a bit of
yellow at the tip of some leaves.  I had originally kept the plant below a
window sill, it received very little direct sunlight however.  Around the
time I noticed the flowers dying, i moved the plant to an area that gives
it much less light and no direct sunlight.
I was originally giving the plant water about every other day.  I thought
maybe that was too much, so I've since backed off to about once every third
day.  I haven't done anything to the soil.
Can anyone please tell me why this supposedly easily cared for plant is
dying in my care?  Thank you.

John Fleming
flem at cybercomm.net