reusing soil

e.t. e.thielmann at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jun 5 14:02:57 EST 1999

It is always recommended that you clean your pots before the next use.
Discard the dirt and drainage material, then scrub the pot down with vinegar
and water (this will take out the salt deposits and give the pot a revived
appearance).  After scrubbing, soak the pot a couple of hours in a 10 to 1
mixture of water and bleach.  Rinse and air dry.

It is possible that whatever caused the former occupant to die off was
something other than not watering or overwatering; ie "normal" causes, and
you never want the salt deposits passed on.  This process should assure
sanitary conditions for the newcomer.

Green On!  e.t.

news:3757F321.2B1 at ucdavis.edu...