Ramfang anyone?

Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Wed Jun 2 05:24:00 EST 1999

In article <slrn7l9i3r.185.abrandt at ab.hjemme.dk>, abrandt at ab.hjemme.dk
(abrandt) wrote:

> Perhaps you should have a look on the Compositae, Tanacetum vulgare.
[snip]

Well done, Anders. The English name for this plant is Tansy. That fits the
description very well except for the smell, which has always seemed to me
more like creosote. Perhaps my nose doesn't work well! In the north of
England it is used in cooking, especially in cakes and as an infusion, but
only in moderation. Too much of it damages the liver.

Although it is native to Europe, I understand it to have been introduced
to Iceland.

The Swedish name for it, by the way, is renfana.

Regards,

Roger