Trees

rgw RGW at OFFICE-FUTURES.COM
Mon Jul 26 14:56:00 EST 1999

In article <7ni8ej$s17$1 at holly.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
pmdlandarch at earthlink.net (Starbuck) wrote:

> Just measure the diameter in inches, double it in your head.. and that's
> how many feet radius one needs.

I'll take this slowly. According to that rule, a tree with a trunk of 4
inches thickness (i.e. diameter) needs a circle of 8 feet radius (2 x 4
feet), i.e. 16 feet in diameter. Now, 16 feet equals 192 inches (16 x 12).
Dividing that by 4 inches gives 48! What happened to the ratio of 24 that
Ross Konig talked about?

I think you two ought to compare notes off line and then come back and
tell us what the real answer is.   8-)

Regards,

Roger