dying strelitia - HELP needed!

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 25 03:37:46 EST 1999

Remove it from the pot.
Wash off the soil.
Remove roots that are not white. (particularly the big fat ones)
Dust your cuts with powdered charcoal.
Leave the plant out until all the cuts heal, and remove any opened
leaves (you leave the rolled ones there)
Once the rot has been eradicated, and the surgery has healed, the plant
should recover quickly.  This plant is a root-succulent, and will take
the dryness well.
Steve