Unknown Alga in Venice

Joachim Schmitz joachim.schmitz at t-online.de
Sun Jul 25 09:01:39 EST 1999

Who can help me concerning an unkwown alga?

I´m a teacher for biology and visited Venice in June 1999 with a
biology  class.

Who can tell me, which alga thrives at the walls and even stairs in the
sea right before San Marco? The Thalli are dark green, about 50 cm long
and look like a pinnate leaf with a thick midrib.

A photo can be send by email on request.

                                        Greetings Joachim Schmitz