Frangipanni

Stephen M Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Fri Jul 23 10:15:30 EST 1999

Dear Martin,

The "Frangipanni" are species of the genus Plumeria and are native to the
New World tropics.

They are not native to Australia although they may now be naturalized
there.
Nor are they native to Hawaii, where they are popularly woven into the
traditional lei.

There are numerous garden cultivars and hybrids that are grown worldwide.

As are all Apocynaceae, they are poisonous.

Try this link for some additional info and a picture.
http://www.oub.com.sg/sbg/archive/frangipanni.htm

Cereusly Steve

Martin Vissers <martin at evicom.nl> wrote in article
<7n7usk$1so$1 at news.concepts.nl>...