raspberries or strawberries

mystic mystic at lcc.net
Fri Jul 16 02:15:27 EST 1999

Steve Selin wrote:

> Strawberries seem to be much more shade tolerant - I have seen them (wild
> strawberries) producing excellent fruit under waist-high grasses.  Can't say
> I've seen many good raspberries under a closed forest canopy.
>
> They seem to prefer slightly different niches so we are trying to compare
> apples and oranges.
>
> -Steve

DEFINE 'FIGHT'.  AS I SEE IT, THE STRAWBERRY WOULD BE THE OBVIOUS
WINNER.  THE FRUIT IS MUCH LARGER THAN THAT OF THE RASPBERRY, AND WOULD
PACK QUITE A WALLOP, ESPECIALLY IF YOU SHOT ONE OUT OF A WRIST-ROCKET.
APART FROM THE STRAWBERRY'S MISSILE ADVANTAGE, IN TEXAS AT LEAST IS HAS
THE ADVANTAGE OF BEING HEAT-TOLERANT.  A RASPBERRY DOESN'T HAVE A
SNOWBALL'S CHANGE IN EL PASO COMPARED TO A STRAWBERRY.