Please help identify

Thor Thorsson thor.thorsson at swipnet.se
Thu Jul 15 14:34:24 EST 1999

> Can anyone please help me identify this plant:
> http://home.swipnet.se/thor/Flowers_-_Picture_4.htm
>
> It's low, creeping, about one or two centimeters high.
> I found it in June on the swedish island Oland in the Baltic Sea.
> It growed on a meadow with little soil almost directly on the rock.
>
> Here is a picture of the environment:
> http://home.swipnet.se/thor/jpgs/surrounding_-_yellow-white-creeping_flower.jpg
>

> Thor

Hello everybody !

I did send the same question to the discussiongroup sci.bio.botany. The discussion there led to the
answer Oxytropis campestris. This is most likely the right answer. Look here at some photos of
Oxytropis campestris: http://linnaeus.nrm.se/flora/di/faba/oxytr/oxytcam2.html . On these photos the
flowers are more yellow than on my plant, but maybe there is some differences between different
plants. The flora handbook description of Oxytropis campestris suits my plant. It says that it is
common on the swedish island Oland.

Thanks to everybody who have tried helping me.

Regards,
Thor

Homesite: http://home.swipnet.se/thor/index_english.htm