raspberries or strawberries

Steve Selin sselin at vt.edu
Wed Jul 14 22:23:45 EST 1999

> > >Which would win in a fight, a raspberry or a strawberry?

Strawberries seem to be much more shade tolerant - I have seen them (wild
strawberries) producing excellent fruit under waist-high grasses.  Can't say
I've seen many good raspberries under a closed forest canopy.

They seem to prefer slightly different niches so we are trying to compare
apples and oranges.

-Steve