raspberries or strawberries

Steve Hinkson sphinkson at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 13 19:37:17 EST 1999

For the sake of argument.....LOL, getting to know me yet, Ross?
I'll back the strawberry.
Unaided by a gardener, the strawberry will hug the ground, and when
winter snows cover it, the raspberry will fall victim to herbavores
looking for anything to eat.(As anyone who has tried to cultivate them
in deer country can attest.)
Then comes a wet spring, and the raspberry is infected with one of the
plethora of fungus infections that they're prone to, lets say powdery
mildew.  The strawberry is realitively resistant to these infections, so
now our severly pruned raspberry has defoliated, and the strawberry
continues to grow and bloom.
Whatdayathink?
*grin*
Steve