a plant called rue?

Dr Donald Longson donald at longsonia.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 13:36:56 EST 1999

abacusnurseries.freeserve.co,uk wrote in message
<7lm0ih$gls$1 at news8.svr.pol.co.uk>...
>RUTA graveolens.....never heard of it  as a cat repellent..  easily grown
>from cuttings or seed.....fairly drought resistant and also will take quite
>low temps.
>
>--
>David.....S.Wales
>http://www.swig-online.co.uk/abacus/
>
>Ruta graveolens;the leaves,esoecially when crushed do emit an unpleasent
smell but that did not prevent some of our ancestors from using it in the
preparation of claret cup!!!! it was also used in the treatment of sick hens
and cattle.Although a shrub it has behaved more like  a fairly hardy
perennial heraceous plant

donald at longsonia.freeserve.co uk