Weed Indentification

Starbuck pmdlandarch at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 6 13:41:22 EST 1999

Jewelweed (columbine) is one recommended home remedy, but it doesn't look
like what you describe.

You appear to be re-exposing yourself.  It normally lasts not more than a
week or so.  But the plant oils can hang around indefinately.  I suggest
that you launder all of your clothes, sheets, pillowcases, towels (and
anything else that you are regularly intimate with) in two cycles of hot
soapy water to remove any trace of the resin.  Wipe down your shoes, belts,
outdoor gear, and anything else that can't be washed with a new product
called "tech-nu" now available at most drug stores.  Use the same lotion on
your skin to nuetralize the plant resin.

See a doctor for a series of ivy antidote pills.  I've been on them (over a
thirty day period) a couple of times now.  There is also a pre-exposure
injection that you can get, but you are too late for that now.

--
To respond via email remove the "X" from the address.