searching for bamboo removal tips!

mystic mystic at lcc.net
Tue Jul 6 11:37:14 EST 1999

Q Tip wrote:

> >>Chuck In VA BEACH VA wrote:
> >> Help!  In search of removal tips for bamboo!
> >>snip<
> >> send it to one I'm sure I'll get it!  =-)
> >
> >SORRY.  START FROM THE EDGES OF THE PATCH AND DIG IT UP, BEING THOROUGH
> >ABOUT GETTING ALL ROOT MATERIAL.  AFTER YOU'VE DUG, HIT THE HOLE WITH
> >HERBICIDE AND FILL IT IN WITH TOPSOIL OR RIVER SAND.  BAMBOO IS JUST
> >ABOUT THE TOUGHEST THING TO GET RID OF IN THE WORLD.  YOU MIGHT WANT TO
> >HIRE OUT THE DIGGING PART (GET YOUR PICKUP AND GO LOAD IT UP WITH
> >TEENAGE BOYS OR SOME OF THE UNDOCUMENTEDS THAT STAND 'ROUND WAITING FOR
> >WORK).
> >THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS.
> >
> Fence it in and get a goat!  Is this not a short cut?
>
> Q Tip
> >APPLEMAN

A goat won't do it for a patch this size.  Besides, have you ever
STEPPED on a bamboo staub?  It's like crucifixion, only you don't die,
you just get a whanger of an infection.  Very dangerous, too, for little
kids.
Why not just pour an 18" deep concrete barrier around it to contain it,
and let the bamboo just be bamboo?

APPLEMAN