a plant called rue?

Chris F. drosera at cam.org
Sat Jul 3 15:56:26 EST 1999

Hello everybody.

I'd like to know if anyone has heard of a bush called "rue"? A book I have
says that it might be an effective cat repellant. the author even brought in
a twig for his cat to sniff, and apparently, the cat lept back a few feet,
and started trying to vomit. The cat was angry at the author for hours.

The author neglected to mention the latin name, so I don't know what species
it might, since I imagine there may be more than one. Also the book was
written in England, so I do not know if this plant would be available in
North America, where I live.

I will appreciate any responses on the subject.

Thanks

Chris F.