How is the GROWTH of plants affected by COTYLEDON SIZE?

Gert-Jan gerdy at earthling.net
Fri Jul 2 18:13:41 EST 1999

I think hypothesis one is the correct one. The bigger the cotelydons the
more nutrients they can suppy to the young apex.
Why should a plant with a bigger surface area compared to its volume be a
better grower.

GJ

Richard Cheng heeft geschreven in bericht
<7l1och$457h3$1 at titan.xtra.co.nz>...
>Hello!
>
>I am doing a project on the effect of the SIZE OF COTYLEDON on the GROWTH
of
>pea seedlings before they start photosynthesis. There are two hypothesis:
>
> 1. -Big peas will have a faster growth than the small peas as they have
>more nutrient supplied from the cotyledons;
>
> 2. -Small peas will grow faster as they have a bigger Surface Area :
Volume