Weed Indentification

Tammie-Lee info at acornacres.com
Fri Jul 2 15:12:33 EST 1999

Hello, My name is Tammie-Lee and I live in Manitoba, Canada. I have
been infected with poison ivy for three months now and the rash
continues to grow all over my body. I was recently at a garden center
buying flowers, when the owner and I entered into conversation about
poison ivy. She gave me a weed to plant in my flower bed, with the
specific instructions that I am to eat it and it will cure me of my
rash. I am at my wits end and I am very ready to just pick the leaves
and eat it, however, being in the medical field, I'd rather have it
identified before consuming it.
If you'd be able to help me out, it would be great. Here is a
description of the weed:

 The plant looks like this: it has all of its small (one inch) but
longish jagged edged deep green leaves on the bottom of the plant, low
to the ground, then it has these delicate shoots that are long, sticking

straight up in the air, with little white flowers hanging off the entire

sides of the shoots. These shoots are about one foot long and if you
take your fingers and rug lightly up the stem, these white flowers come
off easily.

Any Suggestions as to what it could be?

Thank-You in advance,
Tammie-Lee