calamondin

Starbuck pmdlandarch at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 2 11:18:20 EST 1999

>>>Just before this happens I see  sticky syrup like  drops on the leaves
and
recently I used a magnifying glass to  look at the branches of the tree,
when the leaves were already falling off. There were many tiny dark brown
things stuck to the branches, the shape of a half pea but much smaller of
course.  Closer towards the new growth , these things were light green and
almost transparent.  I could not see  legs or movement in this . <<<

Without actually looking at it, it sounds like scale  (insects).

Effective treatment would be an oil spray like "Safer's Insecticidal Soap"
or a homemade spray concoction of 3T. cooking oil and 3T. ordinary dish soap
(Joy, Ivory Liquid) to a gallon of water.

--
To respond via email remove the "X" from the address.