calamondin

joanna tjll at idirect.com
Fri Jul 2 08:02:22 EST 1999

This is the very first time I have used this  or any newsgroup. I have  a
problem I need help with.
I have had several beautiful orange trees indoors.But each time after the
tree does very well for a period of time it seems to get some kind of
infestation or disease and all the leaves fall off and the plant dies.
Just before this happens I see  sticky syrup like  drops on the leaves and
recently I used a magnifying glass to  look at the branches of the tree,
when the leaves were already falling off. There were many tiny dark brown
things stuck to the branches, the shape of a half pea but much smaller of
course.  Closer towards the new growth , these things were light green and
almost transparent. I could not see  legs or movement in this .
Does any one know what this is and how can I treat the tree?