Terminator Technology

Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Wed Feb 17 02:24:25 EST 1999

In article <7acb4i$phb2 at mongol.sasknet.sk.ca>, Michael R. Thompson wrote:
> From: "Michael R. Thompson" <mthompson at pbi.nrc.ca>
> Newsgroups: bionet.plants
> Subject: Re: Terminator Technology
> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:38:35 -0600
>
> Not so, even in jest. Check out Martha Crouch's web page at
> http://www.bio.indiana.edu/people/terminator.html  It explains what
> terminator technology is and how it works.  [Snip]

Thanks, Mike. That's the trouble with email, you can't see tongues in cheeks.
8-)

Mine was a semi-serious joke. Coming from a country with (mostly) unarmed
policemen and an (almost totally) unarmed populace, I and some of my
colleagues find it morbidly amusing that Americans get into such a lather over
this subject while, by and large, tolerating the far more lethal effects of
their country's firearms policy and the far greater economic impact of their
armaments industry. That's not to say that the antics of Monsanto et al aren't
significant and worrying (we have out own little flurry over that going on at
the moment), it's just a question of proportion.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Whitehead,
14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
(Tel +44 (0)1883 713074; fax +44 (0)1883 716793)