Alan Gould alan at agolincs.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 05:27:21 EST 1999

In article <X0HJuVAdDKy2EwxP at brockworth.demon.co.uk>, Alan Daniells
<AlanD at brockworth.demon.co.uk> writes
>In article <36BC4E7A.23FAA175 at mr.net>, David Kendra <dkendra at mr.net>
>writes
>>The key word in your phrase is "blamed".  I suspect that urban sprawl has
>>more of an impact on bird populations than agrichemicals and farming.

Any doubts that GM is nothing more than and exercise in political and
financial power play can be put aside by the latest spin about it all
being for the benefit of the third world starving poor.

Food stocks in Europe have been so excessive over the last few years
that 'they' have introduced land set-aside to reduce production. World-
scale economics prevent the hungry from having the surplus now, so how
is the introduction of GM going to help them?
--
Alan Gould: <alan at agolincs.demon.co.uk>