Victoria Clare victoria at connect.org.uk
Mon Feb 15 08:26:49 EST 1999

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:35:48 -0800, Hybrid-T <hybrid_T at hotmail.com>
wrote:
>I'm all for caution. We certainly can't realize all the effects that GM
>crops may have, especially on the environment. But I also think that
>before people get totally alarmist about it, they should educate
>themselves somewhat so they know what is possible and what is not. There
>is a lot of hype and hysteria surrounding this issue already.

All absolutely true.  But alas, properly reasoned and factually
supported advice to 'be a bit careful and think ahead' is
un-newsworthy enough that 99 times in 100 it will be totally ignored
in the rush.  At least panic gets noticed.

Victoria

Victoria Clare * Cheshire * victoria at nogrod.u-net.com
UK gardening bookmarks at:
http://www.nogrod.u-net.com/gardenmark.htm