Phil Jones pjones at fauns.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 13 03:56:13 EST 1999

In article <36b71d73.54843817 at news.ednet.co.uk>, davidhSEND at NOspidacom.co.SPAMuk (remove SEND and NO and SPAM to reply by e-mail) wrote:

>I know of no way of making a fish breed with a tomato. That doesn't
>say much, but all the people and organisations I have asked, including
>biotechnology companies, have been able to tell me how this form of
>selective breeding can be undertaken.
It is being put about by the media that genes from GM foods could
enter the human gene pool via the stomach, and so cause human
gene modification.
If true then all animals have been sharing genes with other animals and
plants for millions of years.
So whats so bad about that?.
The fuss about the GM potatoes encourages me to ask the question:
were non-GM potatoes run as a control?
If we start treating foods like drugs then think of all the results
that would come from the testing of everyday foods. I can't believe
that no common food has potential risks to the immune system
or general health.

--
Phil Jones, Wiltshire, UK.	@home at www.fauns.demon.co.uk/
www.fauns.demon.co.uk/sharegraph/