Nomenclature

Bracey tiede at pacnojunkbell.net
Wed Feb 10 22:57:55 EST 1999

Spike:

This is why taxonomists exist that who love to puzzle this out.
Another plant database that you might examine is:

http://www.bgbm.fu-berlin.de/IOPI/GPC/default.htm

The site's purpose:  Managed by the International Organization for Plant
Information (IOPI), the Global Plant Checklist (GPC) is a cooperative
international project designed to help humanity manage the earth's
biodiversity efficiently and sustainably.

It contains lots of other databases and 'might' be more current, but don't
count on it.  By the way, in IOPI, Allium is in the family Alliaceae (with
citations to the originating database).

Bracey