David Kendra dkendra at mr.net
Sun Feb 7 20:15:20 EST 1999

Nick Maclaren wrote:

> Yes, I know.  But the intention is to use herbicides on crops that
> that not currently sprayed with them, because there are no appropriate
> ones that leave the crop alone and kill the most serious weeds.  If
> I remember correctly, sugar beet is one such crop.

The 1998 issue of Crop Protection Reference [C&P Press, New York] lists several
herbicides for Canola/Rapeseed, including Assure II, Poast, Treflan HFP, Treflan TR-10,
Tri-4 HF, Trifluralin 4EC and Trifluralin HF.  Farmers do indeed have options and do not
have to rely on Roundup resistance technology if they chose not too.

Best regards,
Dave Kendra