Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Sun Feb 7 07:32:24 EST 1999

In article <36BCECC4.9A034CF3 at mr.net>, David Kendra wrote:
> Selling the seed without compensating the company
> is  stealing.

If they are, in fact, the owners, of course. What is the law on intellectual
property in genetic manipulation? (There are, of course, some latter-day
Proudhons who would argue that intellectual property, particularly of such a
kind, is itself theft.)

> I don't know if selling stolen seed is illegal in Canada, but I
> personally believe it should be.

So you're willing to support Monsanto's actions in publicising the names of
these farmers without even knowing whether it has the law on its side. No
wonder you cannot see a moral dimension to this act.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Whitehead,
14 Amy Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0PX, England
(Tel +44 (0)1883 713074; fax +44 (0)1883 716793)