New to group. Corn plant and Ficus plant question.

Tina Marie Johnson tojo at csd.uwm.edu
Tue Feb 2 20:29:10 EST 1999

A yellow edge means that it's not getting enough water, while a brown edge
means it's being overwatered.  But, I've had a corn plant where the edges
are both colors.  For watering, I bought a soil tester (its a metal stick
with an indicator at the end) which tells you when the soil is dry(3),
moist(somewhere from 4-6), and wet( over 6). This costed like 10 dollars.
 For the corn plant, in winter, it only needs to be
watered when it's around 3 or four.  The important thing is not to let the
roots dry out.  In summer, you can water once a week, and basically keep
it moist.   For the ficus, I water very infrequently, maybe like every two
weeks, but for this plant I'm not sure.  Good luck with the corn plant!
(also make sure its in good sun)