Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Tue Feb 2 10:30:32 EST 1999

In article <36B6F586.AB39FD12 at tertio.com.NOSPAM>, Alastair Rae wrote:
> What the hell does this have to do with bird watching?
>
> [uk.rec.birdwatching removed]

[Brr, brr. Brr, brr]

"Welcome to UK Twitchline. If you have a touch-tone telephone, press 1; if
you do not, stay on the line -- other options will be presented to you
shortly."

[1]

"Thank you.
If you are reporting a sighting, please press 1.
If you want to know about lectures in your area, press 2.
If you want to buy optical equipment at discounted prices, press 3.
If you want to buy a cagoule, camouflaged stockings for your tripod or a new
bobble hat, press 4.
If you find yourself thinking about anything not directly connected with
birds and birdwatching and would like to make an appointment with our
approved lobotomists, press 5.
If you have already visited our lobotomists, and are having trouble
understanding this message, ask one of the nice men in white coats to come to
the telephone.
Thank you again, and have a nice day."

[Bzzzzzzzzzzz]

Roger