David Hansen davidhSEND at NOspidacom.co.SPAMuk
Mon Feb 1 16:55:35 EST 1999

It is observed that "Terry Harper" <Terry.Harper at btinternet.com> wrote
on Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:19:14 -0000 :

>Are F1 Hybrids genetically modified? If not, why not?

Most people understand the difference between selective breeding and
genetic modification, despite attempts by vested interests to confuse
the two things.

I know of no way of making a fish breed with a tomato. That doesn't
say much, but all the people and organisations I have asked, including
biotechnology companies, have been able to tell me how this form of
selective breeding can be undertaken.

 David Hansen | davidhSEND at NO.spidacom.co.SPAMuk | PGP email preferred
 Edinburgh    |  CI$ number 100024,3247          | key number 5432274D
 Due to the amount of spam now killing e-mail I have modified my address
 to reply remove SEND NO SPAM.