HELP! Getting rid of pests!!!

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Nov 25 11:44:30 EST 1998

In article <73a90v$q3j at chronicle.concentric.net>,
RJ Bishop <jaxdawg at cris.com> wrote:
>I have three 'pests' that I can't rid myself of:
>1)	Bamboo
>2)	English Ivy
>3)	Palmetto bushes
>
>I haven't been able to kill any with a commercial herbacide.  Can
>anyone help???!!!  Any suggestions for getting rid of any of the three
>would be appreciated!

If you keep cutting off the above ground parts, the plants will eventually
exhaust themselves and die.  For some woody plants this may take more than
a year, however, and you have to keep at it frequently.  You can also try
covering the area with opaque material like black plastic or cardboard.
Since you are apparently in a hot climate, you could also try covering the
area with clear plastic and cook the plants to death.