Venus Flytrap

jmthole jthole at juno.com
Fri Nov 13 13:24:32 EST 1998

What's That Buzz?  Browse the Boards at Snap.com.

I have grown Venus Flytraps for a couple of years now and have
learned a couple of things. First the traps dont need to be
"fed" very often. As a matter of fact, after 3 or 4 feedings the
trap will fall off. I'm sure it takes alot of energy to open and
close the traps, don't over do it. One insect a month seems to
be plenty. If the insect escapes, the trap will reopen in a
couple days. If the insect is caught, the trap will remain
closed several days untill it reopens and drops the remains.
More important than insects, give your plant full sun, high
humidity, and plenty of rain water, but no chemical fertilizers.
Good luck.

Jeffery Thole
jthole at juno.com

Join the Buzz at Snap.com from NBC.