Aloe Vera Plant Care

PLCNSFFRN plcnsffrn at aol.com
Thu Nov 5 07:50:43 EST 1998

Need advice on when to harvest shoots from the aloe vera plant.
     - How big should they get before removing?
     - The best way to remove without damaging the rest of the plant?

Right now the plant is so heavy, it cannot support its own weight.  I either
need to harvest the shoots or learn how to stake it and straighten it.

Also, I have heard that once the shoots have been harvested, they can be used
for a couple of days if wrapped properly.  Also need advice about the best way
to do this to preserve the juice.  I vaguely remember hearing about using
aluminum foil, but this could be faulty.

Thanking in advance for your help.
CUNAYL