Variegated red pineapple (Ananas bracteatus 'Striatus')

loxahatchee at hotmail.com loxahatchee at hotmail.com
Sun May 31 12:47:59 EST 1998

reicher1 at gate.net wrote:

> Does anyone know of a mail-order (or South Florida) source for variegated
> red pineapple (Ananas bracteatus 'Striatus') plants?  Thanks for any
> pointers

This may be doubled due to a browser crash.

It's a fairly common plant which suckers VERY freely.  If you live near
Fruit & spice park in Redlands  Contact Chris Rollins at the park. Or in
W. Palm contact Gene Joiner at the Ag Extension office of the Mounts
garden.  I am sure either would be happy to provide you with a gratis
sucker.  BTW I hope your intention is not for eating curiosity as
although the fruit can be consumed it is not very "edible".

Take care,  Dean