Japanese Maple Seeds

kbonnici at ivory.trentu.ca kbonnici at ivory.trentu.ca
Sat May 23 10:20:38 EST 1998

I've never tried to grow Japanese Maple, but I have successfully grown Silver
Maple from seed. Wait until the seeds fall from the tree, collect some, push
them into soil (but don't cover), protect from squirrels or other seed eating
'pests' and keep the seeds well watered. Most maple seeds have a short life
span - they should be planted immediately.

HTH,

Kellie