help me identify a plant

steve patterson stpatter at mci2000.com
Thu May 21 06:01:52 EST 1998

A plant showed up a few years ago in some dirt brought in to the yard.  It
is about 30 inches tall with a large stem, light green with lighter spots.
The bloom is about 10 inches tall and the color of dried blood.  The bloom
resembles the shape of a cana lily with an exagerated point, there is a
stamin  about the diameter of the stem that sticks up out of the flower
about 8 inches and is a little darker color than the flower itself. Also the
flower has a cup at the bottom of the flower that emits a strong smell of
rotten meat.
If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it.