[Fwd: Ficus benjamina : HELP !]

Jean-Charles bourling at hol.fr
Wed May 20 13:52:19 EST 1998

Why am I supposed to let the soil dry before watering again ?

Ficus benjamina, as far as I know, comes from tropical (or seasonal)
rainforests => the soil doesn't dry over there!

And they (gardening books) give the same advice for Ficus elastica,
Brassaia actinophylla....!!!

Can you tell me about this contradiction ?

Or am I wrong about those plants' natural environment?

P.S. EXcuse my poor gallicized english