Harmfull gases for greenhous growing

Anne de Vries advries at casema.net
Tue May 19 12:46:36 EST 1998

Hello,

I'm Anne de Vries, I work for a energy-distribution company in Holland.
My company delivers heat and CO2 to 2.5 million square metres of
greenhouses,
and the demand is still growing.
We are looking for ways to serve our greenhouse customers better.
Therefore we look
for other ways to provide them with heat and CO2.
We might have a source of CO2 in the area, but we know little of the
effects of other compounds on the growth of plants.
Can you help me find some literature about compounds that might have
unwanted effects on plants? (Ideally the maximum short and long term
concentrations at which there's no danger of damage)
We know about Ethene, but there may be other related gases which might
be harmfull.
Also, we know the source is 'contaminated' with Methanol. Is anything
know about the effect of alcohols on plants?

I hope to hear from you,

Anne de Vries