Heart of palm

brbb at ozemail.com.au brbb at ozemail.com.au
Wed May 13 22:19:38 EST 1998

Having lived some 15 years in the Pacific I became very fond of "Hearts of
Palm" but never took any notice of which palm species the locals would cut
down. Now having tried the canned stuff, I hanker for the real thing.

I live in Tropical North Old, surrounded by all types of palm trees but
dont know which would be the best.

Does anyone out there have any info on which of the fast growing species
are best for "Heart of Palm" salad.

Regards fritz

E-mail brbb at ozemail.com.au