Help with preserving flowers...

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Thu May 7 11:39:11 EST 1998

In article <3551123C.C2587D29 at capital.net>,
Mike Busch  <wizofoz at capital.net> wrote:
>I have tulips that my mom planted when she was alive.  She pasted away
>24 years ago, and this is the first year in over twenty  that the tulips
>have bloomed.  Every year I waited for them to bloom and the leaves
>would pop up, then just die.  I am looking a way of preserving them.
>They would mean so much to my two sisters and me.  If any one has a sure
>fire way to preserve them, could you please help me.  Thank you in
>advance...

The reason many tulips stop blooming is that they produce lots of small
bulbs that can take years to bloom.  Now that yours have started again,
they may continue.  After the foliage dies down, you may want to dig
some up so your sisters can plant them in their gardens.

I hope you can find a good method of preserving these flowers.  You might
try your public library - there are often quite a few books on flower drying.