Any Maytenus Mavens out there????

David Deutsch dd at gondwana.org
Sat May 2 10:37:36 EST 1998

Hi everybody!

A few weeks ago I posted in this newsgroup, asking people to help in the
identification of two mystery plants. As a result of the number of people
who kindly offered their ideas....we got many leads and were able to
narrow things down quite a bit. I'm now fairly certain that Mystery Plant
#2 is Maytenus magellanica... but I'd like someone smarter and wiser than
I to confirm the diagnosis.

Anyone out there adventurous and authoritative enough on this genus to
take a peek and confirm my identification? The page with photos (apologies
for the poor quality), is located at:

http://www.gondwana.org/Pages/temp2.html

Thanks!

David Deutsch