Sequoia Tree

Bernie Bernie.G at t-online.de
Tue Mar 31 11:13:20 EST 1998

Hi everybody!

I have a question concerning a Sequoia Tree (sequoiadendron giganteum) that
I started raising up from a seed approx. 2 years ago in Germany. I did put
him in a cool room during winter and did not water him too much. He is now 4
in high and looked good all the time.

10 days ago I decided to transplant him into a much bigger pot that he used
to have. During days I started taking him outside, at night he stays inside
the room because it still might freeze at night.

Now I realised that approximately 30% of his needles are getting brown. Does
anybody know if that has something to do with the transplanting? Is that
normal or the beginning of the end?

I would appreciate your response very much!

Thank you in advance!

Bernhard