need help with a dracaena, please!!!

steve long STEGINLONG.INUT at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 30 22:49:21 EST 1998

Need help really bad,

thanks in advance for any advice on this problem. me and my husband got a
marginata for a wedding present from another couple as a gift and we decided
on making it our anniversary plant, her name is ANNIE. It is my husbands
favorite plant that we have and he takes so good care of it, that i think
that he almost killed the poor thing. what happened was that he wanted to
give annie some new dirt for her. right before winter. i told him that this
wasn't the thing to do but he did it anyway. i guess the fertilizer in the
new soil was too much for her to handle going into her rest period and her
leaves started to burn and turn lite green all over. most of them just
dropped off and he only has a couple left to look at. the other day he was
staring at her and he noticed that she had these little buds or nubs near
the top of the stem. would these little nubs or buds develop into another
branch if we would clip off the rest of the dead end?

thank you again for taking the time to read this. any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

ginger