A vine with tendrals and a fruit which is round with thorns.

Jeffrey Kirby ez043438 at dilbert.ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 23 03:33:39 EST 1998

mel turner (mturner at snipthis.acpub.duke.edu) wrote:
: It would help to say where in the world you are.  From the "Pac
: Bell", I'll guess CA, and guess _Echinocystis_ in the Cucurbitaceae,
: [cucumber family].  Not edible, AFAIK, but interesting.

I've heard it put into the classification, "You can make a tea out of it,"
otherwise known as not edible but apparently not poisonous (but no
guarantees). It's common name is wild cucumber.

-j

        Jeffrey A. Kirby                         jakirby at ucdavis.edu