can you force tulips to bloom?

Campbell tantec at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 22 14:46:23 EST 1998

Help! I am new at this gardening thing. i have just recently bought a older
home .
there were tulips in all kinds of weird places. so I have dug them all up to
put them into one bed. but I have been told that once you have dug them up
that they would not bloom that year.  Is this true or what?
                                           thanks
                                                   T.C.