Lower Vascular Plants (gametes)

Jeffrey Kirby ez043438 at dilbert.ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 11 09:44:30 EST 1998

Ben MacLeod (macleodb at cadvision.com) wrote:

: I'm currently researching a paper on "Physiological and Structural
: Aspects of Gamete Transfer and Gamete Compatability in Lower Vascular
: Plants and Ferns"... I know... it's a mouthful. Anyways, I was hoping
: that there was some minor chance that someone else out there may know
: what I'm talking about, 'cause I'm having trouble finding any "recent"
: works on this. It seems that the idea of studying morphology and
: structure of plants in general took a downward turn in the 60's. If
: anyone can help me out I'd be grateful...

There was some work done with Ceratopteris done in 1993. Unfortunately I
can't remember the reference (and I don't know if it will help you).
There's also the C-Fern website:
http://www.bio.utk.edu/botany/cfern/index.html

-j

        Jeffrey A. Kirby                         jakirby at ucdavis.edu