Why are the trees losing their leaves?

Bob Grabowski bubsywub at pop.mindspring.com
Tue Jul 28 21:14:11 EST 1998

Greetings:

I live in the boro of Queens in New York City and for the past several
years, I bikeride regularly each evening.  Over the past month,  I
have noticed several trees in the area (as well as in Brooklyn, Long
Island, and Northern NJ) whose leaves are changing color and falling
off. It's far too early for fall foliage, yet people are outside with
their rakes putting the leaves into piles.  I'm a little concerned
about why this early change of color is happening. Anyone have any
ideas or ideas about who I might contact?

Thanks,

Bob