poisonous

Clive sbu96cep at reading.ac.uk
Wed Jul 29 08:12:49 EST 1998

Hi, I just thought that you would like to know a few interesting things
about deadly nightshade which is indeed very poisionous, except to birds
which eat the seeds which helps in their dispersal.

It is also linked to the myths about witches flying, as many years ago
they would get into a frenzy and smear the berries or an extract over
their broomsticks and then 'stimulate' themselves with it. As the poision
isnt that strong this way they had vivid hallucenogenic visions where they
thought they were flying. Witches were therefore thought to be able to
fly!

Sorry for being Gross!

Clive